Wednesday 2 May 2007

I guess

I'm officially a failure now! I got 38% (so close!!) on my last biochem MCQ. As it was the day after the anatomy Viva, I was considering it the sacrificial lamb, but considering I hardly aced the Viva either..... Oh well. I guess there goes my GPA.....

Last night I went to see the Skatalites with V, who managed to wangle some tickets (thanks V!). They were great! They are one of the oldest groups in Jamaica, and I think only two of the members last night were originals.

There was this fantastic little old guy on the sax, man alive could he dance! And then there was my favourite, the trumpeter, tall skinny guy who I wanted to hug! And they played for TWO hours! Pretty impressive (I confess I had to take a little sit down near the end), and even the guy in the fur hat barely broke a sweat. Unfortunately, the place was packed with crusties. And the stink of unwashed white dread! Ugh, dreadlocks should be banned on white people!!! Soo GROSS! But yeah, If the Skatalites ever head your way, check 'em out!

Only two more days! And I've decided not to do the spots exam (too many rumours of it being impossibly hard), so I have all day tomorrow free! Time to make some money! Woo! Going to head home this afternoon and pick up a new prescription for my reflux. The doc thinks that since I haven't responded v well to PPI's, that it's possible I have a H.Pylori infection (this was all brought on by a course of doxycycline for malaria prevention btw. I was too cheap to fork out for the €70 per 12 days Malarone). So I'm getting some hardcore antibiotics and hopefully that'll sort the little buggers out.

Beautiful sunny morning outside, 'fraid I skipped my one lecture today. Can't wait to hit the road and get out of the city! Dublin really stinks when the temp gets above 15C, the Liffey was rancid last night.

Oh, Q, does anybody else get goosepimples and shiver when they get into a hot bath? And does anybody else get lots of freckles on their hands? I know I'm a whitey-whitey-white-white, but I don't get that many on my face (I'm not a ginge).


Hmm, not the best photo. Answers on a postcard!

No comments: