Monday 30 April 2007

A few things.

So, Ive calmed down a bit since that last post.... And I think Im going to do the optional spots exam for anatomy. I'm such a sucker for guilt. Only thing is, to bump my C- up at all I basically have to get an A+. Woo. And I thought my last week in college was going to be all smoothies in the sun....

Last week. Crazy. (Well, last week of class.) It seems like forever since I was counting down the days, dreading going to college. I can't believe it went so fast, and yet dragged so much as well. How many hours did I spend dreaming of my last day? I was just reading an (as usual) excellent blog from Suddenly Sudan. Which has got me pondering about time. I suppose we always want it to be whichever way it isn't.

I think I'm going to spend reading week at home. Which Ive never done before because I never get anything done there. But I think my head will explode if I spend any more time in the library, so I'm going to take my chances...

We have TWO whole weeks between our first two exams (which are on the same day!!!) and our last one. How ridiculous is that? Oh well... Lots of time to study, haha.

Spent most of last Wednesday night down in the equine hospital on Equine Emergency Team, a voluntary thing I signed up for. 3 sick foals, one with a cleft palate which is very rare! I had my first scary experience with a high-powered person in authority though. The super-vet-par-extroadinaire, Dr.K. She was in a baaad mood; "it just seems like to get anything done around here I have to do it MYSELF!!!!" And of course, I'm the duh first year student who is supposed to be desperately needed, but just seems to get in the way. And there was a little incident with an NG tube......unpleasant. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief when she left. Even the other resident (equal standing to her, and the nicest man ever) is terrified of her. I suppose I'd better get used to this kind of thing, scary consultants here I come! The one thing I have to say is that Dr.K was under a lot of pressure because they were severly short staffed, and she did ask me if she wanted me to get her to talk to my professor about the Viva I had to do the next day. Which I declined, because I figured I really hadn't put enough work in for a late night to ruin my chances! Lucky for me, the 5th year student on with me was a super super nice Botswanan, and we hit it off. So the night didn't drag at all. And the foals needed feeding every hour and the mares milking, so by the time we'd done all three we'd be back to the beginning again. I was lucky, I got the 9-3am shift, I felt bad for the girl coming on after me.

The other thing that happened last week was I broke The News. Not much of reaction I have to say,I was very dissapointed, just lots of fake happiness from the QPA's. Oh well! A girl can't always have the drama she wants!


So um, yeah I think that is all my fantastic news for now! I'll have to find something interesting to do so I can write a good blog....

No comments: