Wednesday 25 June 2008

Idiot

So, I'm supposed to be going to Zambia in a months time.

For malaria prophylaxis I'm taking doxycyline. Got my prescription, went to the pharmacy, got the pills.

Get home to Ireland and take them out of my bag. Look at the boxes. Prescription sticker says 16 caps per box. Box says 8 caps.

I only have 1/2 the amount I need. See below very crappy photo of prescription sticker. You can see it says "16 Doxycycline....."


And here, is a pic of the box

Kinda obvious right?

Stupid stupid pharmacist!!!!!! Arrrrrgh. And now I'm stuck, because I'm not in England, and I can't get to the pharmacy to get what I was prescribed for.

Its a teeny tiny pharmacy, they aren't exactly run off their feet, how hard would it have been to check they'd given me the right drug.

Just really really wished I'd checked while I was there. But you don't expect this to happen.

Grrrr.

1 comment:

The Little Medic said...

Oh dear oh dear, what an error and how annoying that you can't get back there. Have you tried phoning them?