Wednesday 7 November 2007

Oh the shame.....


So the thing I was dreading happened. I got woozy in the anatomy room and had to leave and take a sit down.

Now, considering I did a whole year of vet anatomy, and didn't have a single pre-syncopal episode the entire time, i don't really get why this happened.

Theory number one is the standing got me.....but we had to stand in vet for hours too...

Theory number two is low blood sugar.....but I'd had breakfast.

Theory number three (and this is the one I sorta think might actually apply) is that I have a huge mental problem with anatomy rooms following veterinary. Towards the end of last year, if found it really hard to make myself go to anatomy. Instead of getting used to it over time, I was fine to begin with, and then after the months and months of stinky stinky dead things, I just couldn't stand it any more!!!! The smell would just make me want to throw up. And it was also incredibly dull....

So I was kinda dreading today...

Could it be that I was just freaked out by the dead bits? I don't know. I wasn't consciously freaked out. I'm looking at the shrivelled yellow arm and going "woopee, here we go again" in my head and the next thing I've got that all-the-blood-is-leaving-my-face feeling.

Either way, I'm THAT girl now......great.

4 comments:

Dragonfly said...

Hope you feel better soon. That happens to a lot of medlets.b

Sara said...

I was that girl too. Don't worry about it. Really. I hated it, and actually, in the second semester quit going and got a better grade that semester than the first.

The funny story that I did that is similar to yours was actually before blogs and all that...if you want me to try to dig it out, let me know.

Merys said...

Lala, if it's any consolation I did dissection myself last year and was fine with it, but went Pre-syncopal this year and nearly landed face first in the chest cavity. Don't actually remember walking out of the lab, but I do remember being yelled at by the lab assistant to sit on the floor before I fell.

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience cutting up the greyhounds. I had throat/lung infection of some sort and was periodically coughing up mucous. My fellow students thought I was vomiting during the dissection!