Monday 31 December 2007

Thin

Just watched this documentary. Fascinating look inside an eating disorder facility, something you would never get to see normally.

The one thing that suprised me was that the attitude of a lot of the health professionals working with these people. It was condescension, contempt and suspicion. And I think the reason is because ED makes people act in sneaky and deceitful ways. But you'd have thought that these professionals of all people would understand this, and be kind.

What are your thoughts? Are they right to treat the patients like delinquents? Is it just because I've never worked in this kind of situation and I don't understand how it really is?

And another thing that struck me was that a lot of the workers in the facility were obese.....

No comments: