Sunday 23 December 2007

Let me be more specific

Since you've all been so kind as to advise me on my "Stupid" dilemma, I thought I'd give you a little more info.

Stupid, in my opinion, is deciding to MARRY an illegal immigrant that you've been in a non-serious relationship with for TWO MONTHS, so that they can get a VISA.

Stupid is also giving up the great job that you have to do this, and being only 20.


Am I right? Please tell me I'm right. And if I'm wrong, please give me a good reason why, because this is wrecking my head.

Happy Christmas everyone, and thank you for listening!

7 comments:

Ms-Ellisa said...

OH MY GOD!!!

I shouldn't have read this- I am already too freaked about marrying and now this?!?!

I am totally with you on that one. TOTALLY...

It does NOT seem right...

Lala said...

Thank you ellisa!! Are you getting married? ;)

Sara said...

Oh, I don't know...I might change my advice - if they are marrying someone, have been dating them, think they're "in love" - nothing you can say will make any difference. Just be there when the divorce comes...

Lala said...

They are not marrying for love, there is no way in hell they would even consider getting married (like I said, its not really a serious relationship) if he didn't need a visa.

Liana said...

lala, wow, that's a toughie. Certainly the way you're presenting it, it sounds like a terrible idea.

Ms-Ellisa said...

No, I'm not getting married (thank gooood!) but that is a tough one...

You should be very careful while protecting your friend- to much protection may end up in you losing her, right?

Did they clearly state that they are "rushing" because of the visa or sth? If so, you can definitely speak up... But still don't overdo it...

XE said...

Wow, that is a seriously BAD idea! Perhaps they're under some crazy impression that they're madly in love, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm totally with you, this is NOT a good idea!