Friday 11 April 2008

And the panic sets in...

Still haven't finished the f***ing essay. And I realised last night that I had made the worst mistake of all.......not reading the question properly. And suddenly my examples didn't see so relevant. So I'm tweaking away. And now I have another problem; I've only done 2/3, (minus intro, conclusion and references) and I'm already over my word count. I need to prune, heavily. But how do you do that without losing quality?

And I hate that I have to write this the shite way the med school wants us to, and not the way I feel I can do it best. My previous blog post is how I would like to write this. This is how the med school wants it done:

• Describe the setting (e.g. clinical, PBL group) while keeping anonymity
• Describe briefly and factually what actually happened
• Reflect on why you think it happened (factors influencing people’s behaviour, other people’s perspectives…)
• Summarise your conclusions as to what you would want to be different if this happened again, and why you think this matters
• Summarise the links between the examples and any other relevant experiences
• Show what this taught you about the realities of being a good doctor
• Relate this to yourself – your own strengths or weaknesses, how you are developing yourself as a doctor
• Conclude by showing how you propose to build on this in year(s) ahead

And I'm meant to do that 3 times over.

I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, its not THAT bad, and I can do it if I put my mind to it. But it also makes it very long. I can't say all the things I want to say.......



Ugh, I hate frustration.

And I hate STUPID essays!!!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I know, it's weird how we write so much by ourselves and then get assignments like that and freeze.

What would happen if you did it your style and just turned it in as good writing?

Put it up when you're done.

Lala said...

I don't know.... I've seen the marking scheme and its pretty strict. I think if i was like, this is how I'm gonna do it, cos its better and more interesting they'd just fail me. And if I fail, I lose my scholarship....

So I can't even afford to be bold.

Grrr.....